Topanga Banjo-Fiddle Contest & Folk Festival
WHEN: SUNDAY, MAY 17, 2009 FROM 9 A.M. TO 6 P.M.
WHERE: PARAMOUNT MOVIE RANCH, Agoura, California, in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area
EVENTS: On FOUR STAGES and Western Town movie sets and mountain locations:
1) MAIN STAGE -- Over 100 CONTESTANTS plus professional bands WHISKEY CHIMP (Bluegrass),
FUR DIXON & STEVE WERNER (Western-folksingers) and SUSIE GLAZE (Appalachian-folk);
2) RAILROAD STAGE – PETER FELDMANN, STEPHANIE BETTMAN, MIKE MC CLELLAN, ROSS ALTMAN;
3) PAVILION STAGE – COWBOY MUSIC & POETRY, COWBOY NICK’S “TWANG” SHOW;
4) DANCE BARN -- Watch or Join In! ENGLISH COUNTRY, FAMILY, CONTRA AND SQUARE DANCING with all-live music!
5) WESTERN MOVIE SETS AND STREETS -- JAMMING MUSICIANS – BRING YOUR INSTRUMENTS;
6) FOLK CRAFT BOOTHS -- Weaving, ceramics, metal & leather craft, jewelry, needlework, painting and more;
7) NATIONAL PARKS SERVICE -- EXHIBITS and information on hiking trails, birding, nature studies, volunteer organizations, environmental groups; and,
8) EUCALYPTUS GROVE – All day - CHILDREN’S MUSIC, ARTS & CRAFTS and Tunes for Grown-Ups, Too!
TICKETS: NEW: ADVANCE SALES: $12.00 for ages 18-64, $8.50 for young ‘uns 10-17 and seniors over 65. At the gate: $15.00 for adults, $10.00 for teens and seniors. Children under 10 are free.
PARKING: Free, including shuttle bus.
FOOD: Bring a picnic or buy from food vendors on site.
DIRECTIONS: From the San Fernando Valley: Take (101) Ventura Freeway to Kanan Road off-ramp. Head south towards the ocean ˝ mile, turn left on Cornell Way and veer right, continue south 2 ˝ miles to the entrance of Paramount Ranch on the right.
Sponsored by the non-profit Topanga Banjo Fiddle Contest & Folk Festival, Inc. in cooperation with the
Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, a unit of the National Park Service